Put flexibility and control in the palm of your hands. The DEXIS NOMAD Pro 2 handheld intraoral X-ray system is a portable, easy-to-use unit that can travel from one operatory or treatment room to the next. Equipped with an ergonomic design that provides a secure, balanced grip, and a high-capacity, rechargeable battery that delivers 30% longer battery life than previous models, this handheld intraoral X-ray system offers the image clarity needed for enhanced diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Reliable. Designed with the latest dental X-ray technology that leverages a unique acrylic shield to safeguard the operator from scatter radiation
- Consistent. Utilizes a 0.4 mm focal spot — plus a 60kV DC X-ray generator — to deliver exact, repeatable exposures
- Portable. Allows the operator to stay chairside when taking intraoral radiographs, giving anxiety-prone patients more peace of mind
- Intuitive. Features a user-friendly, intuitive touchpad that can be customized to the exact X-ray dose or exposure needed
- Cost-effective. Compact, handheld design allows practices to save on time — and costs — that would otherwise be spent outfitting multiple wall-mounted units
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Why should my office buy the DEXIS NOMAD Pro 2 handheld intraoral X-ray system?
The NOMAD Pro 2 dental X-ray system is renowned among clinicians for its strong history of continuous innovation and an unwavering commitment to safety. It features top-of-the-line battery technology, an ergonomic design and an intuitive user interface, making it an integral addition to any dental practice.
Plus, you can count on the NOMAD Pro 2 dental X-ray system to deliver sharp image quality, an efficient workflow and maximized uptime, with compatibility to various media types, including film, digital media and phosphor plates.*
* Exposure times vary by media.
2. Is the DEXIS NOMAD Pro 2 handheld intraoral X-ray system safe?
When used properly, studies have shown that the NOMAD Pro 2 dental X-ray system is safe for use in dental offices, as it is equipped with a special internal and external backscatter shield that protects the operator, as well as true DC voltage and a controlled focal spot that protects the patient.
Under proper use, the NOMAD Pro 2 intraoral X-ray device requires no additional protection, such as a vest or apron, unless mandated by your state and/or province.* Independent studies have confirmed that under proper use, operator exposure is minimal when compared to the annual maximum set by the government for occupational safety (approximately 1/100th). Note: It is important to ensure that bystanders follow local radiation safety regulations to avoid unnecessary exposure, maintaining at least 6 feet from the X-ray.
* Check with your Henry Schein equipment specialist or local governing body for more information, as some individual states or provinces may vary in their approval and requirements for handheld X-ray devices, including storage, protective vests and dosimetry badges or rings.
3. Where is the DEXIS NOMAD Pro 2 handheld intraoral X-ray system approved for use?
The NOMAD Pro 2 intraoral X-ray and its predecessor models have received 510(k) clearance by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the U.S. Within Canada, the NOMAD Pro 2 intraoral X-ray has received approval for use by Health Canada.*
* Check with your Henry Schein equipment specialist or local governing body for more information, as some individual states and provinces may have specific requirements for registration and use.
Battery - 21.6 V DC Lithium Ion
Voltage - 60 kV true DC
Current - 2.5mA
Exposure time range - 0.02 - 1.00s
Focal spot - 0.4mm
Inherent Filtration - > 1.5 mm Al equivalent
Source to skin distance - 20 cm
X-ray field - 60 mm round
Maximum duty cycle - 1:60
Total weight - 6.0 lbs (2.7kg)
Approvimate Dimensions - W 5.5'' x L 11'' x H 10.5"
(W 14 cm x L 28 cm x H 27 cm)