Whole body support. That’s what patients can expect the moment they’re seated in an A-dec 511 dental chair. Whether it’s the double-articulating, gliding headrest, the ultra-thin, flexible backrest or the plush, one-piece quilted upholstery, patient positioning has never been easier — or more comfortable. And, this dental chair is designed to support a healthy, ergonomic posture for clinicians and dental team members too, with customizable, intelligent controls, ambidextrous delivery and adjustable handpiece holders — helping to keep everything seamlessly and securely within reach.
- Supportive. This A-dec dental chair is equipped with reinforced, multi-position armrests and a wide, stingray-shaped backrest — the widest of the A-dec line-up — allowing for easy entry and exit
- Slim. Designed with a low base-down point and a slim profile that allows enough leg room underneath the chair to get in close — helping you maintain a natural, ergonomic position, regardless of height
- Seamless. Lever release on the double-articulating, gliding headrest enables seamless, one-handed adjustments for more accessible views of the oral cavity
- Gentle. Precision hydraulic motion allows for smooth, quiet starts and stops during patient positioning, helping anxious patients feel more at ease
- Intuitive. Dental chair syncs with an adjustable, deluxe plus touchpad that keeps your workflow simple — displaying only the settings you need, when you need them
- Relaxed. Toeboard tilt raises a full 9 inches, offering a gentle cradling effect that aids in the overall patient experience
- Customizable. Available in multiple style and color configurations for a custom, tailored look
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the A-dec 511’s rotation capability?
This dental chair provides 30 degrees of rotation on each side of the center, equating to a 60-degree swivel with brake.
2. What is the weight limit?
This A-dec dental chair has a 500 lb. maximum patient load.
3. What are some of its top patient comfort features?
The A-dec 511 dental chair helps put patients at ease. Precision hydraulic motion allows quiet, gentle stops and starts during patient positioning, reducing jarring movements that typically cause anxiety for patients. Coupled with the virtual pivot, which matches the movement of the dental chair with the natural anatomy and motion of the patient, there's no need to readjust when the chair is reclined or returned. This enables a more positive and relaxing patient experience.
4. How does this dental chair provide ergonomic support?
Thanks to its innovative design, the A-dec 511 dental chair allows you to get close enough to the patient while still maintaining a healthy posture — preventing pain and discomfort, even during long procedures.
5. How do you clean an A-dec dental chair?
A-dec recommends cleaning the upholstery using a combination of mild, non-ionic detergent and water, or commercially available cleaners that contain no alcohol, bleach or ammonia. For a full list of upholstery maintenance instructions, click here.
6. How long should a dental chair last?
With proper maintenance and service, an A-dec dental chair is designed to withstand up to 20 years under normal use. Of course, this is dependent on factors such as environment, extent of use, cleaning and maintenance frequency, as well as preventative maintenance for normal wear and tear.
Base height range
Low point: 13.5" (343 mm)
High point: 31.5" (800 mm)
Backrest Ultra-thin 1" (25 mm) flexible backrest (based on formed upholstery)
Headrest Dual-articulating gliding headrest; lever release
Armrests 2-position armrests
Chair swivel 60° (30° each side of center)
Power supply 300-watt
Chair control Delivery system touchpad or foot switch
Lift system Soft start/stop hydraulic drive
Upholstery options Sewn or formed
Load rating The A-dec 500 dental chair is rated to 500 lb (227 kg) maximum patient load. The chair is tested to 4X (2000 lb /907 kg) to ensure safety
The staff is excited and they have a renewed enthusiasm. They love working in such an up-to-date, modern office with all of the bells and whistles. They greatly appreciate how the A-dec units make their work life easier because of the logical setup and convenience of the flow.- Eric Veenstra, DMDVeenstra Family Dentistry | Midland Park, NJ
The Right Dental Chair Can Move Your Practice Forward
A dental practice literally revolves around the dental chair—every patient sits in one, whether it’s for a routine check-up or an extensive implant procedure. As a vital piece of equipment, your dental chair should enable you to perform your work safely, efficiently and comfortably.
The True Cost of Dental Equipment
To get your money’s worth, look beyond the price tag. If you’re feeling pressure to get the most out of your equipment budget, it can be tempting to hone in on price alone when making a purchase. But as many have learned the hard way, “low price” and “excellent value” aren’t necessarily the same thing.
5 Top Considerations When Buying a Dental Chair
You can choose a dental chair for its looks, function, price, or ergonomics. No matter what type or brand you choose, there are five key factors to evaluate when buying a dental chair to ensure it delivers comfort and performance.