Offering the perfect entryway into digital dentistry, the Dentsply Sirona Primescan intraoral scanner is small, ergonomic and lightweight, allowing full-arch digital impressions to be captured in less than one minute. Available with or without CEREC, the Primescan intraoral scanner quickly scans steep angles, hard-to-access areas and shiny materials with accuracy and ease. Choose between two different sleeves for proper hygiene control — disposable and stainless steel* — plus, enhance your connectivity with validated, open data transfer options. No matter the patient or clinical situation at hand, the Primescan is bound to offer an intraoral scanning workflow that’s fast, efficient and integral to your practice’s bottom line.
- Proactive. This 3D scanner keeps patient communication seamless, with a large, interactive touch screen that enables more effective treatment conversations
- Intelligent. Processes 1,500,000 3D data points per second with perfect sharpness — in depths of up to 20 mm
- Accurate. Captures 3D images with photorealistic, highly accurate data, including real-time artifact removal for more precise results
- Collaborative. Easily connects with all major lab software, allowing labs and other third parties to receive high-resolution data instantly
- Unlimited. Can be used for patient monitoring with OraCheck or upgraded to a full chairside CEREC system — the choice is yours
- Mobile. Acquisition Center (AC) comes equipped with an ergonomic workstation that allows for full mobility, wherever it’s needed within the office
- Customizable. Available in two individual software configurations — Primescan AC with Connect Software and CEREC Primescan AC with CEREC Software** — for a workflow that best matches your intraoral scanning needs
* Sleeve options available in the U.S.
** Primescan AC with Connect Software
- Supports data transfer options to your preferred partners
- Features secure and encrypted data transfers through Connect Case Center Inbox
- Easily upgradability to fulfill chairside workflows
- Touch-enabled and intuitive user-interface
** CEREC Primescan AC with CEREC Software
- Supports full chairside workflows for single-visit dentistry
- Offers flexible data export options
- Equipped with an automatized workflow, thanks to artificial intelligence
- Touch-enabled and intuitive user interface
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What materials can be scanned by the Dentsply Sirona Primescan?
This intraoral scanner can capture the following materials without coating:
- Oral soft tissue
- Enamel and dentin; dry, wet and coated with blood
- Composite restorative materials
- Ceramic restorative materials
- Metal such as gold, titanium and amalgam
2. What is the difference between the Primescan and the CEREC Primescan?
Both products feature identical hardware. Pre-installed software and licenses differ, with the CEREC SW software installed on CEREC Primescan units only.
Note: Every Primescan AC intraoral scanner unit can be upgraded at any time to a CEREC Primescan AC intraoral scanner unit.
3. Is it possible to design restorations on the Primescan AC?
If CEREC SW software is not installed, designing is unfortunately not possible. If CEREC SW has been installed without a license, it can be used in demo mode to design restorations, but these cannot be exported or manufactured. Only with a CEREC SW license can restorations be designed and produced.
4. If I buy a Primescan AC unit now to do digital impressions, can I work with a CEREC milling unit and oven down the road?
Yes. The Primescan AC intraoral scanner unit can be upgraded to a chairside unit by simply purchasing CEREC SW 5. From there, you can begin working with a CEREC milling unit and the CEREC SpeedFire.
5. Can I operate my existing CEREC milling unit with the CEREC Primescan intraoral scanner?
Yes. The CEREC SW 5 software has the same compatibility as the previous version.
6. Can I use scan data acquired with the CEREC Primescan for 3D printing? What about inLab software?
Yes. By exporting the data as an STL file, models can be printed with all common 3D printers. In addition, this data can be used with inLab software.
Overall dimensions (W x H x L) 50.9 x 58.8 x 253 mm
457 g (plastic sleeve)
524.5 g (metal sleeve)
Scanner head (W x H) 22.5 x 20.7 mm
Mirror sleeve (L) 110 mm
Scan procedure Dynamic depth scan (up to 20 mm)
Scans reflective metal surfaces (gold, amalgam, etc.) Yes
Scans in color Yes
Photorealistic scans Yes
Color analysis Yes (not available for disposable sleeve and for autoclave solution)
Constantly self-heated to prevent fogging Yes, internally active
Warm-up time Just a few minutes after starting the AC
Full arch scan*** (upper, lower, bite registration, model calculation) Approx. 2–3 min
Wipe disinfection Yes
Dry heat sterilization Yes
Disposable sleeves Yes
High-level disinfection Yes
*** Depending on experience and routine with the system.
**** Only applicable for autoclave sleeve.