By Jason Werner, Henry Schein TechCentral
This is the information age, and your patients have embraced technology. They receive news updates, tweets, RSS feeds, and texts throughout the day. A few years ago, practice visitors expressed surprise at the availability of Wi-Fi, but now they are frustrated when it’s absent.
What’s in it for me?
Here are just a few of the benefits of adding complimentary Wi-Fi to your practice:
- Save time. A Wi-Fi network, kiosk software for Dentrix, and a few iPads® allow patients to check in and update information without involving office staff.
- Reduce clutter. Complimentary Wi-Fi for your visitors allows you to cut down on magazine subscriptions for your waiting room.
- Improve patient relations. Although your patients have appointments, schedules do not always run on time. Complimentary Wi-Fi access shows your patients you value their time by helping them stay productive while they wait.
- Create goodwill to win new patients.Not all who use your Wi-Fi are patients—right now. A friend or relative waiting with your patient is a prospect. Complimentary Wi-Fi in your waiting room is an amenity that can tip them in your favor.
- Gain a competitive advantage. Consumers love anything complimentary. Offering complimentary Wi-Fi is a powerful marketing tool and a competitive advantage for your practice.
- Poise your practice for future growth. The demand for Internet access will continue to grow—both for your patients and your practice. Going forward, you’ll see new dental and business devices cut the cord and rely solely on Wi-Fi connectivity. Dentrix Mobile is a perfect example of how critical practice solutions are moving to mobile devices.
A few years ago, practice visitors expressed surprise at the availability of Wi-Fi—now they are frustrated when it’s absent.
With Great Wi-Fi Comes Responsibility
Installing a wireless router in your practice comes with a responsibility to your patients. Proper setup and configuration is necessary to keep your practice data safe as well as to keep undesirable Web sites, inappropriate content and malicious malware (viruses, hackers, etc.) out of your practice.
Henry Schein’s TechCentral experts can provide your office with a business-grade Wi-Fi router and installation to get you safely and quickly connected. TechCentral’s Wi-Fi solution uses one Wi-Fi router to provide separate and secure wireless networks for both your visitors and your business staff. The business Wi-Fi is hidden from the public and ensures visitors can’t get near your protected data and files.
TechCentral will also provide Internet security measures that continually self-update for protection against the latest Internet threats, including:
- Web sites that contain malicious software that infect PCs.
- Continual hacks that attempt to probe your network and commandeer your PCs.
- Inappropriate Web sites to keep X-rated materials, gambling and other undesirable content out.
Get Secure Wi-Fi for Your Practice
More than 7,000 practices already rely on Henry Schein’s TechCentral for computer technology and support. A Henry Schein digital technology expert can visit your office, review your current technology, and make security recommendations. Call 877-483-0382 to schedule your complimentary practice technology assessment, or visit www.HenryScheinTechCentral.com for more information.