Planmeca 4D™ Jaw Motion is the only true CBCT integrated solution for tracking, visualizing, and analysing jaw movement in 3D. It offers incomparable visualization of mandibular 3D movements in real-time – creating a fourth dimension in diagnostics.
Key components of Planmeca 4D™ Jaw Motion
Planmeca 4D™ Jaw Motion adds a new dimension to 3D data by visualising a patient’s jaw movement. First, a CBCT image (e.g. a Planmeca Ultra Low Dose™ image) is acquired with a Planmeca ProMax® 3D unit with the patient wearing dedicated tracking devices. Integrated Planmeca ProFace® cameras are then used to track lower jaw movements in relation to the upper jaw. All movements are visualized, analysed, and stored to the Planmeca Romexis® imaging software in real time.
Due to its capability to visualize mandibular jaw and condyle movement, Planmeca 4D™ Jaw Motion can be a supporting tool for:
- Temporomandibular (TMD) examinations
- Preoperative planning and postoperative treatment verifications
- Articulator programming
- The only CBCT integrated jaw tracking solution
- Track, visualize, and record jaw movement in 3D
- Visualize movements in the Planmeca Romexis® software in real time
- Record movements for later use and analysis
- Measure and visualise the movement paths of points of interest in frontal, sagittal, and axial movement graphs and in 3D
- Align digital dental models with a CBCT image for improved visualization
- Export movement and measurement information to 3rd party software for analyses and treatment planning
Available on Planmeca ProMax 3D Mid® or ProMax 3D Max® and Planmeca Viso™ equipped with Planmeca ProFace® and Planmeca 4D™ Jaw Motion software module and license. 4D jaw motion kit included with module contains (1) Pair of glasses and (5) lower jaw tracking devices and (25) reflective spheres.